The construction industry has begun to take decarbonisation far more seriously, with many companies now writing strategies that set out their approach to achieving a low carbon future.
But, if you’ve never developed a low-carbon strategy before, where do you start? And how do you get internal and external stakeholders involved, or monitor and understand emissions from your supply chain? This discussion breaks down the terminology being used, and focuses on the simple starting steps a company in the built environment can take to begin their sustainability journey.
The topics discussed include:
- Scopes 1 and 2 – what are they and what should companies consider.
- Tips and techniques on how to understand your indirect, Scope 3 emissions
- Where to start when writing your company’s sustainability strategy – and the must dos to include
- The need for regulations around diesel generators
- COP28 and what it could mean for construction in the UAE
- A lot of companies are giving net zero pledges. What are the easy fixes to nail first so that emissions reductions are progressive over time?
- Rob Jones, Partner, b2b Connect and Editorial Director, Digital Construction Hub
- Mario Saab, Head of Sustainability MENA, Cundall
- Hanife Ymer, Head of Sustainability Services MENA, JLL
- Okan Kizilirmak, Regional Director, AKSA Power Generation