Cloud software allows the AEC industry to access live, reliable data from different devices, reducing the cause of costly errors and increasing productivity by working in real-time.
Stringent security measures by providers also now far surpass the level that most contractors can provide and there can be significant cost savings for cloud-based subscription models compared to traditional IT infrastructure costs.
Despite these obvious benefits of making projects quicker, cheaper, safer and more efficient, the industry is often so reluctant to migrate, leaving cumbersome paper, spreadsheets and on-premise solutions behind. This panel delved into whether this is in fact the case and why.
- Salim El Ferkh, Industry Territory Manager, Autodesk
- Badr Burshaid, Director Programme Management, Saudi Aramco, President, Project Management Institute, Saudi Arabia
- Dr Ahmad Faeq Salih, Senior Director, Khatib & Alami
- Fady Kobersy, Head of Sales & Customer Success – MENA, RIB CCS
- Gerry McFadden, Head of Digital Design and BIM, Ramboll