José Francisco García, Senior Project Director, Acciona outlines the novel reuse approach the company took that saved time and money, and reduced the emissions associated with an expansion project. The case study looks at the circular construction approach taken at the Umm Al Houl Independent Water & Power project in Qatar. Completed in 2021, the project added a second 280 million litres a day reserve osmosis desalination facility at the site.
Below is the audience Q&A session with all speakers from the Measuring & reducing carbon in construction track during the Construction Technology Festival. Speakers included:
- José Francisco García, Senior Project Director, ACCIONA
- Iman Abi Saab, Technical Director, Middle East Technical Excellence Leader, Mott MacDonald – Easy wins to reduce embodied carbon
- Matthew Anthony, Asset Advisory Lead, AECOM – The importance of benchmarks for measuring embodied carbon
- Lindsey Malcolm, Associate Director, Sustainability, AESG – Real application and impact of carbon calculators
- Pierre Piniau, General Manager, Milwaukee Tool MEA – Reducing onsite emissions: A cost-benefit analysis of implementing electric machinery