As digitalisation increasingly becomes a strategic focus, the challenge for companies is to work through the myriad interpretations of what is meant when ‘digital’ is attached to a strategy, set clear goals and take employees on the journey.
The approach for construction should be to ensure that software tools, augmented with intelligent data, enable new, dynamic insights into a build’s lifecycle and help with key decisions. And while organisations know that they should embrace digitalisation, it can be difficult to take the first steps.
In this interview with Digital Construction Hub, Riyadh Derouiche, Principal at Kearney, explains what needs to be considered, who should be involved and how to reach a positive outcome.
And in his advice on what needs to be considered as companies embark upon a digital transformation, he recommends five main points to focus on:
- Have an ambitious and audacious corporate strategy for digitalisation.
- Focus on the business problems that need to be solved business problems, rather than the technologies
- Pilot the benefits at a project level, show results, incorporate results
- Communicate to everyone up and down the internal company structure
- Most important is your people – focus on them, not technologies